After a bit of a wait for Joe and Eileen at the KC airport (their original flight was cancelled) we drove to Witchia and met up with the task we had come to do. The play center was in four huge boxes and Thursday night we separated all the pieces and labeled them so that when we began, we wouldn't have to be looking for them. That works in theory, but after a couple of hours, we all got a little bleary and some of the parts were mislabeled.
Friday morning, Joe, Elieen and I began the construction-and we continued until dark that night and all day on Saturday and we were done. It is very humid there and all I could think of was the wonderful shower every night before bed. It was a great experience and the boys were glad to have something to climb on besides the stacked boxes.
I returned home on Sunday and joined with the girls early monday morning for camp. It was fun but I really was glad to get home on Thursday. While there, we decided to challenge the girls to finish their personal progress by December. Then for some reason the leaders decided to get ours at the same time. Since I have done none of the activities, and never did, it is going to be a real challenge for me.
I think I will use this forum to record my journal entries so that I can stay honest with my efforts.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment