Thursday, February 14, 2008

Stepping off the cliff

I am beginning a new step in my life- I have retired once again and am now going to pursue my dream of furniture making full (ish) time. After the 15 of March, I will no longer have my day job and while the money was nice, the aggrevation wasn't worth it. I know nothing about marketing and sales and promotions but have an excellent financial advisor who is excited about teaching me even though I approach the whole thing with trepidation. It wasn't hard to move from public education into the university sphere- same ole same ole with taller people. This is something completely different-I am going to try and sell parts of my ego- things I have built and want people to like. If they don't like it, does it mean they don't like me? Hummm, I never really cared about that before, I wonder why it is bothering me now.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Mew, I think it is great. I love your stuff, but I love you even more.

Thanks for the example of following your heart.